Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Living Well Wednesdays/ So much going on~





There is so much going on right now my head is about to burst. I will start with my LWW. I have been trying hard not to buy "red flag" foods to keep in the house. I do buy chips and stuff for my son's take to work lunch, but am pretty good with that (chips are not a hot item for me or the peanut bars). I am still going to the gym, though only 3 days this week and I am down 1/2 lb. I also try to keep my focus on my devotionals because believe it or not when I maintain that I do better. I have orientation tomorrow, and will start setting up my class this coming week (school starts the 25th). There is so much to keep me busy, but I do not want to stop going to the gym, I feel better when I do. SO I will have to change my schedule to around lunch time (I only work half a day). When you read the Bible you realize that the people walked, they had no cars or trolleys, etc. so they were able to get exercise regardless if they wanted it or not. I believe that was part of God's plan.

I mentioned last week and the week before part of my motivation was to be there when my grandchildren (born or not) graduate from high school. Part of the reason my head is so full today is that last week my motivation changed a little bit. Oh, the part about the grandchildren hasn't. Last Wednesday my daughters boy friend talked with my husband and myself. The purpose, to propose to our daughter, you know those conversations. They have been dating for sometime now. Anyway, to make a long story short, he proposed to her on her 22nd birthday. He prepared a very romantic dinner and everything. It was hard not to say anything to her, or her siblings (we wanted her to do that), and being a little sneaky to get some pictures to him that he needed. The whole story is very romantic, and of course she said yes. The wedding will be sometime this winter, and I am motivated that I'd like to be a size smaller when I am walked down the isle as 'Mother-of-the Bride'. There is so much that needs to be done between now and then that I wish I had a button to turn off my thinking for a little while, every now and then.


♥ ♥ The happy couple ♥ ♥

2 comments:

Denise said...

Congrats to your dear daughter. My prayers are with you sweetie, you can succeed.

Darlene Schacht said...

Wow, it's been an exciting time for you. Congrats to your family. :)

Daily scripture