Sunday, August 10, 2008

Just stuff.

The wedding we attended on the 2nd was very nice. It was held outside in a park, then we went to elsewhere for the reception. The bride and groom. This was the first time we met her. Like I said in a previous post we have known the groom since the beginning of 3rd grade and that was 15 years ago.
Keith before the wedding.
The reception was held at a park along the Merced River, and Keith had his fishing pole with him because he was heading to his brothers afterwards. So of course, knowing his personality, he wanted of picture fishing in his tux. Fortunately he didn't catch anything because his dad would of had to taken care of it (so no extra charges when the tux was returned). I didn't see it but Keith and his dad saw someone walk by with a stripper (bass) that was quit large.

______________________________________________________
On Friday (8th) we took the boat out. Now, contrary to what it looks like, no one was hurt when the tube tipped. The kids (did I say kids, they are all young adults) wanted Dan to try and tip them. We boated some, then stopped swam and ate lunch, then boated again. That was the first time Keith's girlfriend has been tubing. She had boated very little growing up.
We introduced Ryan (Elizabeth's boyfriend) to tubing, skiing, etc. last year and so we already knew he would enjoy it.

It was a fun day and the water was very refreshing.

______________________________
I did my yard sale on Sat. and it was OK. There were many people who came by, but not a lot of big spenders. On Tuesday a local Mission group will come by and pick up what we didn't sale.
______________________________
Now, according to the weather reports, we will be having triple digit weather next week. I go back on Thursday for orientation and will get the keys to my classroom. Then I will go and check it out on Friday. They were putting in new shelves on the walls, so I will have to put stuff back, then arrange my room, etc, etc, etc. Dan will go with me Sat. and help me move furniture around. Over the summer, when there are no classes they will usually clean the rugs and deep clean and wax the floors. The floors also get a new cleaning and waxing over Christmas break and Spring break. I sure hope they have turned the power on to the AC in my classroom.

It is nice to have our AC working at home again.

I now need to go and empty the dishwasher so I go......

God Bless

No comments:

Daily scripture