Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Live Well Wednesdays

It has been a busy and fulfilling week, thus far. Going to the gym 4 days a week, I feel it, not in soreness but I feel a little more toned. I am only 3 blocks from the gym so until school starts I am walking there and back. That is to save gas and it gives me a warm up before I get there. I sure am going to do my best to keep it up after school starts, I have so much to lose. I am only part time work so I can go around lunch time. In last weeks post I mentioned that part of my motivation is I want to be there when my grandchildren graduate from high school and the 1st starts kindergarten this month, I also mean ones unborn yet. The last 2-3 weeks has caught up with me and I showed a 4 lb. loss this morning, WOO HOO! I have been skipping on my devotionals since June and finally got myself back into the word, and you know that is a great feeling in itself. I feel so blessed that we live in a country where I can just go on line and do some additional bible studies and readings, and have found many I like ~ like Elisabeth Elliot.

When I say my week has been busy, Sat. we went to a very nice wedding of one of my son's long time friends. That was really enjoyable. Also, I have been going through some of my 'clutter' and am planning a garage sale this coming Sat. After that, Sat. evening my daughter is having friends over for a birthday get together (she'll be 22 on Monday). I need to be ready by Thursday for Sat. because we are taking the boat out on Friday. We (I) make lunch and snacks to take, we doing some boating, skiing tubing or knee boarding then we find a beach to play and eat at, do some more boating then head home.

As I go through my stuff, I have been thinking of God's word, and according to the standards of the U.S. we are considered lower- middle class. But when I look at what we have, what we can do ~I can say thank you Lord I am truly blessed and 'Rich'. We have everything we need, we really only want for what we 'want'. I am thankful we have air conditioning, and that tomorrow we can afford to have the repair man come and fix ours. It is only suppose to be 99 today.

Have a great week, and God Bless ♥ ♥

5 comments:

tammi said...

AMEN! Isn't it amazing how much even those of us who consider ourselves "financially challenged" ;) can still allow ourselves and afford?

Sounds like you're getting yourself into a great exercise and devotions groove!

penguinsandladybugs said...

I just found Elisabeth Elliott myself and have been reading a daily email from her for almost two weeks. She is really good!! And I have to agree....we are so RICH!!

Dawn said...

Congratulations on walking to the gym - it does feel good. I haven't made it for the last 4 days and really feel it.

Darlene Schacht said...

Congrats on the 4 pounds, and the great focus. We are so blessed!

Denise said...

I am so proud of you, you are doing great.

Daily scripture