Saturday, September 27, 2008

It's been a busy week

I have had very little time to blog this week. It has been an interesting week. On Monday we had a Mary Kay rep here. Seems Elizabeth won a facial for her and her bridesmaids at the last Bridal show we went to and a supposed gift certificate. To say the least, it was an interesting event. The facial went OK, but when the rep quoted prices for the packages she was trying to sell you could hear everyone gasp $199.00 and $299.00 ~ yes you read those numbers correctly, the decimal point is not misplaced. She offered a make up holder, a bag you hang up and can use to travel and a make up compact that were under $100. I was a little interested in the foundation, I liked the color, but she really didn't seem interested in a small purchase so I told her I'd wait. When no one wanted to buy she packed up in a whirl wind manner and she left. She wants Elizabeth to set up an appointment for her 'color match' for her wedding day make up. She also said she'll hold on to the gift certificate until E. comes to her office. That isn't likely to happen. No one here really cared for her mannerism. Besides I know several people who sell Mary Kay if we want to buy. It is hard for me to believe that she is as successful as she is, but I guess that is part of her being pushy. I have been to several Mary Kay facial parties, and have purchased some of the products so I am not new to MK products.

Tuesday we had an appointment with a florist, and we did order the wedding flowers. With that done we headed to Michael's to pick up some flowers for Ryans mom, who is doing the decorations for the church and reception.

Thursday was my fondant and gum paste class. (after having a staff meeting) This week we made flowers out of gum paste, here are some snapshots.

Leaves, daisies, and a carnation.



The pink flower is a fantasy flower made out of 4 large heart cut outs, and 4 small heart cut out, with the edges thinned.

The white one is a carnation, that is a total of seven ruffled circles put together. The ones I will make for my final project will have some gold and pink dusting powder on them. Not really hard, now that I know what I am doing. And no, I am not making the wedding cake, that is already ordered. I am making the cake for the Bridal shower, and she is choosing the one she wants me to do.

Friday we went back to the florist to order a couple more things, then the bakery to give them the flavors of the cake and the ribbon for the cake. We then went back to Michael's and found some more flowers on sale (then E. returned the more expensive ones). We then picked out the pattern for the flower girls dresses. I'd start them next week but I need to finish some pj's for the grandbabies. So I will start the dresses the following week.

So the saying goes that summer is over? So I hear, but it has been in the high 90's all week. Nice cool mornings, but not days.


Keith is holding the ski flag up in what looks like an "I surrender". He is positioning the ski rope.
We took the boat out for on last go around to day.
Elizabeth singled and knee boarded.
Here she is turning around, she did it about 7 times.
This is Keith, he didn't ski, just knee boarded......completely out of the water.

It was a fun day and it started out with Keith and Dan leaving early for some fishing, or should I say some practice, the fish weren't going for it. Then Elizabeth and I took out lunch and met them.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Yes, indeed, Mary Kay people can be pushy. They have a good product, but I really don't like feeling pressured - and wow, the prices have sure gone up!

Sounds like the wedding plans are really moving right along.

Daily scripture