Friday, September 12, 2008

TGIF

It is Friday, yeah. But it is going to be a busy weekend! Yesterday we went down to my mom's storage, been awhile since I've been there. It was horribly dusty and dirty. Anyway, we went through several boxes of stuff and will put most of it in the yard sale tomorrow. Some I will keep, like my grandma's punch bowl, some depression glass and a few other odds and ends. I did find her collection of carousel horses, which I will dispurse among my siblings and her grandchildren. They are from the Lenox collection and she purchased them sometime ago, the entire set. They really are beautiful. I have no picture as I didn't want to open the boxes, I'll do that later. This evening I will go back outside and go through the shed. I am still putting out cloths, she loved to buy cloths and little knick knacks. She was a collector.

Elizabeth and I did some wedding shopping today, so all is getting done a little at a time, but within time. She sold her car to her brother, so now she will borrow ours when she needs one. Monday I will go down to the insurance off and take care of the name changes on the policy. That gives her some money for some of the things she needs to do. Right now I am just relaxing, knowing I will need to think of dinner soon. But no one is home right now and the time is mine, and that is pretty rare anymore.

2 comments:

Ro said...

How did the yardsale go? I find it highly cathartic to go through my closets and get rid of those things that I no longer use, but would be useful to those who might need it!

Christa said...

It went well. It was from 6-12 and we did really good. After I gave Elizabeth her and Ryans money I added up that I profited $80. that will go towards the food for the reception.

Daily scripture