Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Birds

I received a humming bird feeder 1 1/2 years ago, and I finally put it up earlier this summer. I have tried all summer to get pictures of the humming birds. Finally, I did! But as I was trying to get the lighting right, I also saw this. 2 doves sitting in the tree watching me. Probably waiting for me to leave so they could go down to the bird feeder and eat.

I was taking the picture into the sun, so the lighting isn't good.

I was hiding and didn't focus properly before snapping the shutter, but I did get some pictures of the little birds. Then sadly I scared them all away. I went outside a little later and saw the neighbors black cat sneaking up on the doves, they were on the ground by then. Fortunately they saw the cat and flew away. They'll be back as the blue jays and little finches scatter the seed on the ground. My latest count is: 5 humming birds, 6 doves, 2 blue jays and 5 finches.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Great pictures of the doves - and the hummingbird, too. They're hard to catch. We replenished the bird seed today and I wish I had had my camera outside to catch the squirrel upside down, trying to get his little snout into the small opening.

Christa said...

YOur blog is closed, I am sorry

Daily scripture