Sunday, September 14, 2008

Photo shoot

There has been a fire burning in Kings Canyon since July, due to lightening strikes. Tonight the moon is red because of the smoke. We are approximately 80 miles away. Saturdays yard sale was very good. A couple stopped by to browse, and bought so much it was incredible. They were both truckers, and they lived in their semi, which was parked in front of the house. Elizabeth had cleaned out her closet, cloths she has had for years and some that were newer and hardly worn. At .50 cents a piece she bought $21.00 worth, that is 42 pieces of clothing. He bought one Play Station game. Wednesday the Rescue Mission will stop by and pick up what is left (I already called), so I will be going through some more closets. They will put the items in their thrift store and the proceeds will go to the homeless shelters.

I was sitting outside playing with the cat and my camera. I heard a humming bird and looked up in time to capture some pictures. If you look close, or click on the picture you can see it in motion.
We went to another Bridal show this afternoon. It wasn't as impressive as the one we went to last month. However, I will say the fashion show was better.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I have been having fun this summer watching the birds, too. It is new, since I now have time to do that in the mornings before the kiddoes come over.

I didn't realize there were still fires burning out there. It's amazing how things become "routine" after awhile to the news media.

Sounds like you are very busy. And it's still so hot! It has warmed up here again for our Indian summer, but still chilly in the mornings, which I love.

Daily scripture