Saturday, March 29, 2008

Random stuff.

I thought this was a nice photo of the conservatory in Golden Gate Park. The flowers were lovely. It was disappointing that it is closed on Mondays, the day we were there. It has been years since I have been in GG Park. We used to go to S.F. on a regular basis when I was growing up. Even though I rarely visit S.F. my memories are pleasant. Again in GG Park, turtles on a log!
I received my order of caterpillars the day before Easter. They were about 3/8 inch long. They have more then doubled in size. You can see one on the side of the container, there are 5. The gunk in the bottom is the culture they eat. They should be cocooning in 1-2 more weeks.
I forgot the pic. of the praying mantis egg, so I'll take that on Monday.
The silkworm eggs arrived on Thursday so I took them in Friday. The little dots on the paper, next to the leaves are silkworm eggs, there are approximately 25 eggs). They should be hatching sometime next week. The are about 1/4 inch long when they hatch, and look like a small mark a pencil would make. I don't expect them to hatch over the weekend but just in case I made a bouquet of leaves, which they would smell upon hatching and wiggle over to.

No comments:

Daily scripture