Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Living well Wednesdays

It hasn't been a great week for dieting, however I have gone back to the gym. Sometimes I need to make a "date" to get me there, but then that works also. This week I neither lost nor gained.
Besides working on assessments for school, I will be doing some menu planning tonight. With the soaring cost of gas it is better to go shopping once a week instead of several times. So with menu's at least I know what food to get and what I have in the house. Besides, cooking for 2 most of the week, I don't need as much ~ Keith eats at home maybe 3 times a week sometimes 4. I do need lunch foods for him on the weekends.
This morning there is rain, or shall I say showers. Not enough to do any good but just enough to make it messy outside. We so desperately need rain that i wish it would just pour!
Check out my previous post
to see the ladybug cocoons and silkworms. We released the butterfly's last Friday. As you can imagine with a class of 4 & 5 years old's there are squeals of delight!

7 comments:

Suzie said...

I like the idea of "a date". It's good to have a date with yourself while you enjoy knowing you're doing something not only for yourself by exercising but you're also refining and redesigning your temple for God.

Be blessed!
Suzie ;)

Darlene Schacht said...

I have never seen a ladybug cocoon. I didn't even know they had cocoons. That is totally cool!

I saw a lady bug a few days ago. The first one of the year. Yesterday we had a downpour, and the past weekend was so beautiful, and hot. Now--we're getting a winter storm tonight. Snow and all! Yuck!!

tammi said...

I just read in a library book my 6-yr old daughter brought home from school the other day that ladybugs came from cocoons ~ I didn't know that previously either!! How cool that you got to watch that!!

It seems like a bit of a plague of apathy has hit the blogosphere! Pretty much all the Living Well posts I've read today have had sort of the same ring.

I hope we'll all have a great victorious week next week!!

Love Bears All Things said...

Hey, maintaining is good too. Sounds like you have a plan. My hubby is out of town this week. I am cooking for one. I try to decide what I'm going to eat during the day before it gets started. Sometimes, I get derailed but mostly it works. I have to plan for healthy snacks. I bought a veggie tray, some zuchini and squash along with the fruit.
Have a great week,
Mama Bear

A Stone Gatherer said...

Sounds like it was a good week! I wish I did menu planning! It always sounds like a great idea then I never do it!

Ro said...

No weight gain is a good week. I'll bring my frozen meals book when I come out. My grocery bills have really gone down, as I am planning more and shop the sales. My last trip to Safeway consisted mostly of veggies and fruit, since main courses were in the freezer, waiting.

Juliet Fieldew said...

Hi Christa, thanks for leaving an encouraging comment on my blog. I enjoyed your post too! Re. Darlene's comment about the changing weather, I had a giggle, as down here in Melbourne, Aust we are notorious for frequently changing weather. We had scorching hot days in March, immediately followed by chilly days when we lit the lounge room fire... what is that??? Enjoy your lady bugs and butterflies- what a lovely time of year!
Blessings, Juliet.

Daily scripture