Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bye Bye

Friday we said good-bye to our butterfly's. It all happened so fast I barely got any picture, definitely none in the air. The butterfly's were flying around in their container, the children were excited. So we lined everyone up and went outside. I had everyone sit in a circle and sat the container on the grass (in the middle ) and I took the lid off. I did manage to get a couple photos, before the butterfly's took off.
As they flew away (one at a time) the children waved and said "good-bye & go find a new home" to the butterfly's. One landed on the grass, but then took off again. I had a hard time focusing and getting the light right.
Posted by Picasa
It was a good experience and journey for the children, and fast. They are Painted Lady butterfly's ~ and they have a very short life span. They will complete their life in 3 weeks, from the time they emerged from their cocoons.

No comments:

Daily scripture