Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What a day!

This may not be a very clear picture, but look closely. That showdow next to the cow is her calf. It (don't know sex yet) was born this morning at approximately 10:00. How do I know this. That fence is right next to my playyard at school and we were outside at the time. At first we weren't sure what was going on, one cow laying down and the others standing around watching her. Then I saw the farmer watching nearby. We could see the cow moving then we saw the calf beginning to be born. I didn't call the children over because it took about 10 min. of pushing on her part, but it was exciting to see the baby calf. Having a baby is work, no matter what species your are! Then we called the children over to see. It was also exciting to see it get up and take it's first steps!

Today started out good when I weighed myself and saw I had lost another pound. It may not be much but it was some and it is slowly coming off. I am trying. It will be a little tough Saturday, because we will be at a wedding (in San Diego). And besides the wedding, because it is out of town we will be eating in resturants, but hey, I can do that and be alright.

3 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

That photo is totally cool. I can't imagine seeing cows right near a playground. I don't live close enough to any. I'd have to drive 1/2 hour. And I've love to watch an animal being born. Gerbils is about the extent of my

Darlene Schacht said...

oh to finish that thought...the extent of my experience as a midwife!

Ms. Kathleen said...

Wow, that cow picked an odd place to have her baby but they are so super cute! Congrats on the weight lose! Hugs!

Daily scripture