Friday, February 8, 2008

Humbling

I had to go back a second day for jury duty. I was called the first day to sit in a jury seat, I was #11, and after they sat the 12 and then 8 more the questioning began ` by the judge. We didn't finish the 1st day so we had the 2nd day. Then counsel questioned us. I was dismissed. The trial will be several weeks long. I am not sure what it is about (though I do speculate). I am glad I am off so I can concentrate on the review that is up and coming by the State Board of Education.
******************************************************
Things I learned (a very long time ago) about being a parent. You eat your words, you're not perfect and neither is your child, you look back and see the mistakes you made and wish you could change them~but can't. There are things you wish you did with your child and didn't so you will have some regrets. You can be humbled by your child(ren)'s actions and words (little or adult). That no matter how hard you try you are not perfect and they will blame you for their problems (not always). Don't point your finger at another parents action's without pointing your finger back at yourself. You will never love your children any less just because they are an adult and have moved on with their life, then you ever did when they were little, it just isn't possible. You pray that while you raised your children you made good and wise decision's that would have positive influences for your child. You will hope your child makes good decisions and choices and that you had some kind of influence in their life. You will always ask God to guide their ways, watch over them and protect them. When did I get old and when did my children grow up? There are joys in seeing your adult children make wise and mature decisions, being able to take care of themself and their families (if they have one), being a contributing part of our world. You also bite you tongue when some of their decisions are not wise. And when you have raised your child in a christian home, there is joy in seeing them with faith in God and his word and standing strong in the faith of God and not turning away, the reverse is painful. It is a blessing knowing your child has the capabilities to stand on their own 2 feet, stand up for themself and their beliefs, being an individual and not conforming to the ways of the world~ acting and living as a mature adult should and being responsible for their own actions. There is joy in knowing your child wants to be different and will not conform to the world and it is very sad when they do conform. Being a parent is very complex and you only get one chance per child, that is why I pray to God for each of my children every day and for their families. I am thankful that we have a God who listens and answers prayer (even when it is not what we want). I am thankful I can give to God to watch over my loved ones and that He will. I pray for forgiveness for the mistakes I made that may have had negative infuences in their lives.
Because He lives I can face tomorrow.
God Bless

No comments:

Daily scripture