Saturday, February 16, 2008

Today

It's my birthday. I am 59, whenever did I get that old? What does it feel like, like I have always felt. Of course I had to start out by getting out of bed. It has been a long time since I slept until noon, I wonder if it is possible (for me) to do so? I started out about 7:00 this morning, and stayed in my pj's until around noon. I did some cleaning, laundry, dishes, etc. you know all the good stuff you do on your birthday. I read the paper and looked at the daily crossword puzzle, Dan went to yard sales and Keith was at work so it was just me and the pets. At noon I went to the gym and worked out for around 40 minutes, which is my routine. After I came home we looked at the movies and decided to go to a matine so I was in the shower in no time. We went to see "Spiderwick Cronicles". It is a children's story and I enjoyed it, I wanted to see it, and I really, really enjoy going to the movies. We will go out to dinner, and Keith will meet us after work. There is a new resturant called 'Yukon Jack's'. I haven't eaten there before but Elizabeth has and said we'd enjoy it, so we are trying it out.

Dinner was good. Dan made a cake earlier so we had cake and ice cream after we got home. Then before I went to bed I cleaned up the kitchen and put away the stuff used for making frosting (what he didn't put away) typical stuff I do on my birthday. Oh, and I talked with my sister for an hour. I really need to call her more often.
Someday what I would really like for my birthday is to do just stuff for me (like other family members that live in this house do) and stay home and have a really great dinner that someone else made for me and then have them clean up, just once. Maybe I can rent a 'Mom' to do that for me. I have absolutly no reason to complain, and that's not what I am doing ~ I am just pondering my thoughts.
I really did have a nice day.

Keith will start again at Millerton next weekend. He gave notice at his job here. He is excited, he will actually be doing work - though right now it is just weekends. He will start full time when school for him is out in May

2 comments:

Ro said...

After you're retired you can come spend you birthday at my house. I'll do the cooking and cleaning and birthday cake making (with help from the kids, most likely). You will have to do some work, though, because someone will be required to play with her grandkids while their mom is busy! :-)

Christa said...

sounds good to me.

Daily scripture