Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Today

I am getting a cold, my head is stuffed up and my nose leaks badly. A good day to stay home and rest. But alas, no. Today I am heading downtown to report for Jury duty. BLAH! I postponed it in Dec. when the little boy in my class died, and so there is no postponing it again. Oh well, at least I am not around the children in my class and hopefully I will get dismissed. I will take a bag with some items to amuse me while I sit in the jury room for hours on end before getting called. I am so glad we have a country that allows trial by jury (even though many cases go to jury that clearly shouldn't)~ I just am not one that wants to be on a jury.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

I've never been called for that. Yay, on one hand, but on the other, it would be an interesting experience.

Ms. Kathleen said...

My cousin got selected for a murder trail that she said was interesting but I have never even been called. My husband has a many, many occasions but never been selected.

I certainly pray you heal quickly. God Bless!

Love Bears All Things said...

No, I don't want to be called either mainly because I don't drive downtown and the court is in an undesirable neighborhood. I have served on a jury, years ago, the experience wasn't too bad and we did get free lunch and travel expenses.
Sorry, you're getting a cold. Drink lots of warm drinks and gargle with salty water.
I imagine being in school, you're are exposed to the bug more often.
Have a good week regardless,
Mama Bear

Ro said...

Have fun!

Daily scripture