Monday, May 4, 2009

So much to do!

So much to do and so little time. I have parent conferences Friday and all next week. It's not hard just very time consuming. My staff help me with the observations, assessments, etc. but in the end I still have to put them all together. I usually don't get the sleep I'd like, but always look forward to Saturday mornings when I can sleep in. Friday evening there is a girl's night out at the church and am looking forward to a little fun and games with some friends.

Friday Elizabeth picked up her Bridesmaid dress for Hilary's wedding in June. It looks real nice on her and fits very nicely, she won't need to get it altered.
.
Today I went with Elizabeth to Lamoor NAS where she got her overseas physical, which had to be done and signed by a military doctor. She got a power of attorney so that after she leaves for Korea, sometime during the summer, I can authorize what can be shipped overseas, when the military come by to pick up their things, of course it will be what she decides goes. Slowly things are coming together for the transition so she can join her husband.


Eric came down, he bought a newer pickup and now will sell the one he has. (He actually came down to help his dad work on his 55 Studebaker.) As we have a corner house, you should have seen the front and the side, everyone has a pick up and I have a car~ 5 pickups parked outside. It looks like a car lot for pickups or a bunch of rednecks live here! Sigh.............
.
Keith went down to Santa Barbara Saturday, to look at the room he'll be renting and get information, etc. I believe he said he'll have a 12 mile commute to Carpenteria. He will need to look for another place to live within the year as his friends plan on moving away from Santa Barbara. At least he will have a little more time to look and will be near his job. So we will be putting together food, ordering uniforms, etc. in anticipation of his move. He won't be able to take all his furniture at this time, but will have to decide what he wants besides his bed, desk and computer. Oh, he will take the dorm 'fridge we have and keep it in his room.

We will be looking at an empty EMPTY nest come this summer, with our nearest child living 2 1/2 hours away or should I also say the nearest family. That is life isn't it.

I have recently discovered a show on TV called California's Gold, with host Huell Howser. Many people I know have heard of him, but not me. He does half hour shows about interesting places in California to visit. I Tivo them until I have time to watch. Some I am not interested in, but others yes. After I retire I think we may be taking some 3-4 day trips to go and visit these places. You would think that being born and raised in Calif. for most of my life I would know some of these things. But some of those places are little out of the way places or things I just never thought about. However, he also does State Parks in Calif. and most of those I know about.

I really dislike the politics in California, but there is so much here!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I know you're looking forward to retirement!

Daily scripture