Thursday, May 28, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Until I started teaching ( and it is only pre-kindergarten!) I never gave a lot of thought to my kids complaining about the last few weeks of school. Now, I have a greater appreciation of school getting out. I honestly believe that teachers look forward to it more then the kids. The end of the year clean up, organizing, etc. etc, etc. goes on and on and on. Also, finishing up the children's memory books, binding their ABC books ~ and as a gift from me to my families, I give each family a disk with anywhere from 400 -600 digital pictures I have taken through out the year and pictures parents have taken and been so kind to give me a disk I can down load. But to make it easier on me, I do edit the pictures through out the year. What takes time is just putting then on a disk. I have the pictures in a folder and all it takes is a click, but I have to do 24 disks. Enough complaining. School is out the 12th, and my official last day is the 13th. I have gotten all (I hope) my retirement papers in and now am waiting to hear back, the usual stuff.

We had a good weekend at the lake. I will post some pictures later of the 'thinning' of the trees. The place still looks like a mini forest, but with a little more visual in the front, yeah! I really do not like overgrown places, reminds me of old people (we'll just ignore the fact that I am 60). My brother and his youngest were there. Timmy is now 13, wow. We had a good visit.

The weather forecast said today was suppose to be 98 and it was 102 and it felt like it. The AC in my classroom went out a week ago Monday, and finally got fixed yesterday. My class gets out at 11:30, so with windows open and doors open it wasn't to terrible. Yeah for the AC getting fixed. The weather forecast said/explained how the heat created the thunderstorms tonight. And tonight quite a thunderstorm came through the area, lots of lightening and some rain. I am really hoping not to wake up to some massive fire somewhere because of the lightening. I think the thunder got stuck above the house, as you could feel the house vibrate slightly and the cats hid where ever they could. The sound was very loud and the lightening almost blinding. Nothing like the thunderstorms we experienced living in the Sierra's, but still impressive. God can light up the sky!
.
It has also been busy here, getting Keith ready to move to Santa Barbara. He and his dad took a load down on Wednesday. He will be leaving here on Saturday and his first day is the 1st. I still need to sew the patches on his shirts and will do that tomorrow evening. We will prepare his room, as his bed is gone, for the grandchildren to sleep in. We will turn it into a library, not a spare bedroom, except for the grandkids. We will put in the children's books and the toys, also.
.
I have been wanting to update my side bars on my blog, but work has side tracked me on that also.
I probably should sign off as it is late and I need to get up early, and am really misspelling words now. The children are having "octopus" for snack and I have to leave earlier to get the stuff at the store, on the way to work.
God bless

2 comments:

Joan said...

Sounds like you are keeping busy. Octopus snack sounds interesting.

Blessings

Dawn said...

Thanks for stopping by in the midst of your busyness. I know that the teachers have to be every bit as excited as the kids - and more!! I quit teaching because I looked forward to summers more than fall!

Daily scripture