Thursday, April 30, 2009

Photoshop

Feels like life has been in the fast lane lately, where has the time gone! The last few weeks seem to have flown by so quickly! Six more weeks until school is out and so much to do. I have parent conferences next Friday and right now am procrastinating getting all my paperwork done. I will be busy this next week that is for sure!

Last week in photoshop we had four pictures we had to work on: we had to repair a blemished photo of a young girl, give an older man a more youthful appearance, repair a ripped photo that also had missing pieces and restore a very old photo that was stained and faded. When done I had to explain how I fixed each picture and I go a 95 out of 100. I felt good about that. Currently I am restoring a picture taken (I am guessing anywhere between 1913-1917) of a family portrait of my grandmother and family, when she was between 8- 12 years old. It is a little hard to tell because then you had to stand so still because of the way photos were taken. I am guessing the age because her older and younger brothers were both wearing knickers and the youngest wasn't born yet or at least wasn't in the picture as he would have been a baby (the photo wasn't dated) After the photo was scanned and I started working on it, I zoomed in so I could repair small detail. As I was working on it I struck by how much one of my cousins (Becky) looks like my great grandmother! My GG would have been in her late 20's - early 30's and my cousin is 38, so close in age and appearance. After I am done with the photo, have printed it out (the college has a great photo printer!) and saved as.. I will let my cousin know what I found and send her a copy. The plan is that after the photo is restored to get copies made to give to family at our annual family reunion in the fall. I cannot post it because the instructor saved it in Tiff and to post or e-mail photos they need to be saved in jpeg and I will save as .. in jpeg after I am finished. I am able to do some work on it at home on my PC but in class we use Mac.
Then the final project is to make a CD cover. I have all the information and he went over it last night. I don't know what to do it on. There are 2 more classes then the final. I am to save the project on a flash drive and he will then download it onto his computer. We are also to not flatten it but to save all the layers so he can see how we did it. I have asked Elizabeth to help me. She has a Mac and has CS2 on it (the professional version), plus she has more knowledge of working with digital images and photshop, after all she is a photography major and I trust her knowledge!

1 comment:

Joan said...

Sounds like so much fun. I would love to take a class like that.

blessings

Daily scripture