Monday, April 20, 2009

Too hot!

One of the 2nd grade teachers, where I work, incubates eggs for her class. I was able to take my class in one day last week to see the baby chicks. They are so cute. We will go in again this week to see how much they have grown. I have 24 children in my class so I divide them up into groups of 8, it's less distracting as class is in session when we go in.
It has been hot the last 2 days. 95 today and the same tomorrow. That is around 15 degrees higher then what is normal for this time of year. I am posting a photo of Chloe, she is sprawled out on the cat climber, where she is getting a direct breeze from the ceiling fan.
At least the mornings are cool and it is still cooling down at night.
.
I am still going through the retirement papers I need to send in. Hoping to get them in the mail before Friday. I am also finishing up assessments and getting ready for conferences. The rest of the school does not do spring conferences. We do them so we can let parents know where their child is socially and academically as they are getting ready to go into kindergarten the end of August. I don't like some surprises and so I let parents know 'if' I have any concerns that I will pass onto the kindergarten teachers and I do hand over a copy of the 'academic' part of the assessments to the K teachers, the parents get a copy also. On the last day of school I send home a little packet of work for the children to do over the summer. I laminate the papers so they can practice their names, letters, etc. using a washable marker. Then they can wipe off the marker with a damp cloth and do it again.
.
Tonight it is no fun doing paper work when it is so hot, and it is way to early to even think of using the AC.
It is getting late, but I think at last it is cool enough so I can get some sleep.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Good for you on the working out.

I'm sure it will pay off if you stick with it. Thanks for stopping by today.

Hugs and Blessings

Daily scripture