Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

My computer/internet has been at a snail's pace lately ~ for any number of reasons. This is the first I have been able to get to my blog in a couple of days, or to read those that I follow.

We had one terrific storm go by last night, thunder, lightening and rain that was extremely loud. Two of our cats hid for sometime and would have slept with us if they could, but they aren't allowed in the bedrooms. It was enough to wake us up around 1:00 am, and the thunder sounded as if was right above our house (but it wasn't, it was just very loud). Having lived in the Sierra's for several years we have experienced lightening just across the street from us. We got close to an inch of rain in just a few hours. There is another storm coming in tomorrow evening and through Friday. Last I heard 'our' storm was in Utah and I don't know where it is going from there. The valley really needs the rain.

Elizabeth and I went down to the passport office Tuesday so she could get the application process started. I believe they said 8 - 10 weeks. When she went to New Zealand it took around 3-4 months. If all goes well she should be moving to Korea this summer to join her husband who is stationed in South Korea. We will also apply, who knows maybe we'll go to Korea for a visit.

I finally talked to my supervisor about my retiring this June. I now need to fill out the paperwork and get it in the mail. Since my computer is now up to some speed I can finish reading the information that was sent to me (I don't want to download 50 pages of instruction, I just want to fill out the 10 pages I have.) I am still struggling with it a little ~ so I will put my name on the sub list, but I am also looking forward to the time I will have doing some of the other things I enjoy and just spending time with my husband. More on that later. Since we are planning on driving to Colorado this summer to visit our daughter and her family, we now will have more flexibility in planning our trip and what we can do!

God Bless ♥

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Retirement is a good thing, and hopefully you'll be more retired than I am!! A trip to Colorado sounds like a great idea.

Ro said...

Any tentative dates for your visit?

Christa said...

We can discuss our visit to CO. when you are here in June and how it works out for you guys, my schedule will be flexible as I don't have to worry about returning to school.

Daily scripture