Thursday, April 2, 2009

Photoshop

In my photoshop class the instructor is talking about scanning now. We will be taking in a picture that needs repairing, scan it and then fix it. I am not sure which one I will take in, as I have several to choose from. Last night I took in a tin picture of my dad on his 1st birthday (1925). We weren't sure if it would scan or not, after making the necessary adjustments on the scanner it was a go. It scanned really well, I am pleased. I had a flash drive with me so we were able to save it, and that makes me happy. Now I can work on it at home and then get some copies for other family members.

He downloaded some of the pictures we will be "repairing" so I can practice at home. There were 4 students left at 9:00, class is over at 11:00, so we all were able to get some downloads to take home. Three of the others, me being the fourth, have CS3 or CS4 at home, I have Photoshop 7. But I will do what I can, and at least it will give me some practice. I need to mention that the 4 of us at 9:00 were not the youthful typical college students, but more the more mature ones that really want to learn the program. It is interesting learning this stuff, but lectures and video tend to be on the dull side. Working on the computer, going through the book, step by step is not always exciting but it is hands on and it does help. Sometimes I need to do a lesson over a couple times to really get. I have finished all the required lessons, now he will give me some extras to work on in class or I can just go over the more difficult ones I had.

We have had some nice weather, but we still could use more rain. I am afraid that anymore storms that may come our way will not be significant in the amount of rainfall or snow we need, but hey anything is better then nothing. The flowers are doing great and the oranges are delicious.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

That sounds like such a wonderful thing to have that old picture of your dad!

Joan said...

Sounds like a fun class. Keep us up to date and show us some of your projects!

Blessings

Daily scripture