Sunday, November 2, 2008

Busy weekend.




Thursday Oct. 30, I took my class to the pumpkin patch, and I let those who wanted to wear their costumes. We had a lot of fun, the children really enjoyed themselves. I can't post all the pictures but I did put a few in a slide show. We had many parents and some grandparents that went also. They heard the pumpkin story, went through a walk in the woods through spooky buildings a sway bridge, little castles, had breakfast/snack went on a hay ride, through the corn maze and finally got to chose a pumpkin to take home. They were just as excited to ride a "big yellow school bus". What a day. Elizabeth went with me, which was good because one of the little girls in my class is really scared of unfamiliar situations and she held Elizabeth's hand the entire time and I really believe she was able to enjoy herself.

Friday there was no school as it was parent conference day. I did 16 families on Friday and will finish up this coming week. Doing 2 a day after school. After I got home Elizabeth and I packed the car and headed to Eric's for the weekend.

Saturday, Elizabeth and I headed to the Gilroy Outlet stores to do some trusso shopping. I can honestly say that we walked the entire outlet. We got there around 10:00 in the morning and were there until around 4:00. We did manage to find most everything we were looking for, without going into every store there. We signed up and picked up a coupon book before starting our rounds, so there were some good bargains out there. After we were done we headed back to Eric's where we spent the night again. This morning while I was getting ready brother and sister did a little sight seeing around his place. It is a drive off of 101 to get there, but when you are there it is as if you are sitting on top of the world.
The view is magnigicant and breathtaking. Of course Friday we got there after sundown and then it rained quit a bit. Sat. night it was extremely windy and rainy so I didn't get much sleep. But This morning, even with the clouds and fog the view was fantastic. I do think that after I finish getting ready for tomorrow I will hit the sack earlier then usual.

No comments:

Daily scripture