Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Shopping blahs

Nobody every told me that I would spend around 10 hours in 3 days shopping for an outfit to wear to my daughters wedding. It wasn't this hard when my 1st got married. What I found out: Most of the stores have very small dress sections, or selections. Most mother-of-the-bride outfits in the bridal stores look like formals, the color selections for anything decent has been black or red. To make a long story short, I did finally find something. It is a skirt and jacket combination in (yep) red & black, but it does look nice. Penney's was the only store I could find that had any decent dress section. There are many other nice stores in the world, just not where I live. I could have made something in the time I spent shopping, little time saved there.
I will finish up the flower girls dresses tomorrow. Then will focus on getting the favors done. After Sat. I will know what appetizers are being made elsewhere and can focus on what I need to do. Monday I get my hair done. In between all this I will finish what I need to for my class (I am taking all of next week off) by Friday and prepare my house for guests. Do miscellaneous stuff.
The weather is suppose to be in the middle 60's, and the reception is at his parents house. We will supply the tents for outside, and a small miracle is another friend has loaned us their outside heaters. It will come together, but it is close, 10 more days from today. God has provided us with many small miracles, each one very special.
Our Christ
Our Creator
Our Saviour
God Bless

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow, I didn't realize it was coming so soon! I can hardly wait to see some pictures.

You are so right about the dress situation in stores. I mostly order from nice catalogs for that reason - and because I hate shopping. I know what you mean about Mother of the Bride dresses - most of them are useless for anything but the wedding day. Glad you found something you like.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

What a lovely blog you have. Thanks for commenting at Internet Cafe; those comments mean more than people know. I am somewhere between kids still living at home and the marrying stage; my oldest girl is 22. Marriage (I hope) is a couple of years down the road. But occasionally, I daydream about what my responsibilties will be, etc. Blessings on you and your fam.

Daily scripture