Saturday, November 8, 2008

God's everlasting love.

If anyone had told me when I was younger that parenting or being a parent got easier as your children grew, I would have embraced them with a big YES!. As I have learned, and many others have also, being a parent doesn't get easier. In some ways it gets harder. Oh, you're not always tagging around with little ones, or sometimes you are. Working with low income families as I do, I encounter many grandparents taking care of or raising the little ones for a variety of reasons. That crosses all income levels.

When our children are small we always strive to do the best we can and give them the best of what we have (that doesn't mean material things). Somewhere along the way we are going to make mistakes, it happens. Hopefully they are obvious mistakes that we can correct. But often there are mistakes we will never be able to put our fingers on, we will only have hindsight to know that something didn't work the way it was suppose to. There comes a point in our child's life as they graduate from high school that we are no longer parenting them. We stand back and bite our tongues and see if we have done enough so they can fly from the nest. It is hard to know when to not give advice, etc. and that we learn also through trial and error. {{Of course still living at home certain behavior is expected ~ but not always received.}} I always strived for what I believed was best for my child (and I have 4) but have found out that was not always the case, according to things said to me. I have, and always will believe in the power of prayer and God's loving and forgiving capabilities. I know as I have prayed for His forgiveness that it comes, I only hope my kids are as forgiving as our heavenly father is.

As my youngest approaches her wedding day (less then 2 weeks), she is looking at life differently. I pray (as I did with my 1st) that she will embrace her new life and her priorities with God's love and blessings. She (they both do) has our blessings.


Matthew 19:4-6

4"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' 5and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' 6So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."


This verse is reflective for both husband and wife.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

So true! We had so many challenges after they grew up - still do, for that matter! But we did what we knew to do.

Happy wedding day! When is it?

Daily scripture