Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Soon our country will have elected a new president. I am not sure which way it will go, but will be glad when all the political ads are done and no more wasted pieces of paper in the form of political junk mail. I hope that before people voted they did their homework and researched for themselves what the candidates believe, not what the (one sided) media wants you to hear, not what is just being said but really looked at the candidates. With computers is isn't so hard to look up a candidates past in their political career. I hope people really paid attention to what and how things have been presented instead of just joining in and becoming followers.Many things were said months ago that have been denied or I have heard "That's not what I meant" or "That's not what I said." Lots of bull going around. I am what some would call a "conservative Christian". I believe in the word of God, and have hopefully passed this on to my family, (they all believe in God and are Christians) because this is how they were raised. What society dictates is not necessarily or morally what is right or what is in the Bible or how we should believe. It is easy to join the popular crowd and become a follower. An alcoholic or drug addict prefers to hang out with like, so they can justify and feel OK about what they do.. So it is the same in politics. I cannot be politically correct because then I cannot be morally correct and I choose morals over popularity. I choose the side of God. I am tolerant and love a great many people who are living a life away from God. I believe that we are in the world but not of the world, I believe that as Christians we should love the unsaved and we should be tolerant. I hope people choose wisely as they voted.

As a bonus to get people out Starbucks gave a free cup of coffee if you showed you "I voted" sticker. Chick fila (spelling ???) which is new here I heard would give you a free sandwich. We went for the coffee as the other was about 8 miles out of our way.

No comments:

Daily scripture