Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Living Well Wednesdays


I am posting late tonight, not because I wanted to put it off (which I admit sometimes I do) but because it's been a busy day. I started out by going to the gym, then after I had my hair done (which I haven't done since Feb. just before going to a wedding, and I am going to a wedding this Sat.) then my daughter and I went to Costco and after putting away our purchases we went 'cloths' shopping. Didn't find much but she did get a new pair of shoes. I will attempt again in the morning at a different mall.

I made a good attempt this week by going to the gym 4 days out of 7, not bad, doing some menu planning for the next 7 days, minus the wedding Sat. And finally doing some reading (which I slacked on ! Weigh Down). I am down a pound, but more then that I feel it in the exercise I am doing at the gym. I am not pushing for speed but more for endurance and just doing it! While my hubby is going for speed on the tread mill, I put it on a high incline and take it nice and slow to get my heart rate up, like climbing a mountain trail. God has blessed me with an incredible job of working with 24 little ones in prekindergarten. I need that endurance, if you have every done the "Chicken Dance, Tooty-ta, Hokey Poky", ran outside with children chasing you (on a cold day so they can get some exercise) etc. and try to have the children keep up with you then you understand the endurance I talk about. School starts Aug. 25 and I need to be ready. But what really is motivating me this time is that I want to be a healthy grandma when my grandchildren graduate from high school, and the oldest one is just starting kindergarten in August. I look to God and his glorious blessings and grace for the guidance I need to keep my focus. Right now the weather is OK in the mornings so we are walking to they gym, after school starts we'll be going after I get home at noon. I also am trying to keep "those" foods out of the house most of the time. It is hard when your husband has an incredible sweet tooth, but he is trying also. So I limit dessert to one night a week and that works most of the time.

We have seen the sun the last couple days, but still smell the smoke and hear the planes flying overhead as they head to the airport to refuel.

Have a good week and God Bless

3 comments:

tammi said...

I can't even imagine how tiring running after a class full of kids would be!! I have a tough time just keeping up with my two for an hour or so! All that time you're putting in at the gym will pay off.

Denise said...

Woo Hoo, congrats on losing this week.

Beka said...

Hi Christa,

I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for your prayers for us and the encouraging words you've shared over at my blog.
Thank you so much!

With love,
Beka

Daily scripture