Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Extra's

I don't usually post twice in the same day, but I had to say that Dan talked with Eric tonight and he is not staying in Big Sur and as far as he knows he is done there (at least for now). He helped evacuated equipment from Pfeiffer to the navy base. The fire is coming down the ridge, burning areas it had 30 some years ago, only then it didn't go up and down and up and over the ridge towards the park. I check the Internet and watch the news and hope and pray they contain the fire soon, and actually all the fires. It seems that it was so. Cal. burning last year, now it is no. Cal. and we live in central Cal. I just pray for relief from the fire(s) and for the families directly affected.

http://www.kusp.org/fire/sur.html#evac

I am a little relieved that Eric isn't working the fire crew. My MIL used to tell me things when my kids were little and then she'd say "just you wait", she said that a lot. As children grow up you realize what "just you wait" means in many different ways. Oh if I just knew then what I know now there are many things I would definitely do differently. Once a parent, always a parent ~ but with a twist, parenting days do not last that long so even though your children are on their own you still worry about them just as much as when they were little but they are on their own and you need to let them be, but make sure they know you are always there for them. I never thought I would be one of those parents who fretted when their son went to help out during a fire. Sad to say I am one of those parents and much more then I realized I ever would be.
Well so much for my ramblings, I am in a melancholy mood tonight and probably should go to bed. Tomorrow is a new day and my spirits will be better after a good nights sleep.

Good night and God Bless ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Daily scripture