Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Living Well Wednesdays

Haven't made it back to the gym, but have done some laps around the pool. Which is refreshing when it is 109 outside. Most of the time, I am doing WW meals, which also limits the amount I fix, and not having extra food left over sure helps if/when I get the munchies. I have extra carrots and celery (which I love) that helps. I had thought about going back to WW, or doing WW online, but the expense is something else and I can't put out right now (need the money for gas, but then with gas so high, who needs food?) ........ so I have the books and all my old materials out to help me. (always room for a little wit and sarcasm)

I am glad to hear they have saved most of the community of Big Sur and residents only are being allowed to go home, but with an advisory because the fire is still hot. So sad.........Keep them in your prayers.

So much to do and so little time, today is a busy one. Looking forward to my daughter and grandchildren coming in from Colorado tomorrow for a week.

Have a great day and God Bless.

4 comments:

tammi said...

Wow, 109. I can't even imagine. Geez, with temps like that, you could just stand still outside and SWEAT away a few pounds a week!!!

The cost of gas and meetings are part of the reason I decided not to become a WW memeber again, too. Plus, I didn't like the way they always focused on lowering the points values of food in order to be able to eat just as much as before. I think it's much smarter to focus on balancing eating with activity, which is something I'm learning this time round on my own.

Glad to hear things are stabilizing in the Big Sur area. Have fun with your daughter and grandkids!!

Denise said...

Keep hanging in there sweetie.

Marsha said...

Swimming laps is a good thing. I wish I had a pool nearby. There's a lake, but you can't really swim laps because of people with their floating rafts and such.

Stay strong, lean hard into Jesus and He'll see you through.

Darlene Schacht said...

The laps do sound refreshing! Keep pressing on.

Daily scripture