Tuesday, June 3, 2008

To make a long story short.

We recently bought a new car. That is something we had planned on and prepared for since last Sept. We were happy when all was said and done. What we didn't plan on was having our refrigerator start breathing it's last -that was last Tuesday. Dan gave me the bad news when I got home on Wednesday, after he bought parts and tried to fix it, so we purchased a new one. Not like we could wait on that. On Friday our computer decided to turn off and has been that way since - thus on Sunday we bought a new computer. I could scream at the fact that many of my photos for the last year weren't backed up and lost, also, that I DIDN'T want to HAVE to buy a new refrigerator or computer!!!!!!!!! But, we can thank God we were able to.
Fortunately not all photos, but still - some lost were important photos. We had done the tree ceremony on Thursday and my daughter took many photos for me. As I was preparing them to copy on a disk my computer shut off. I had the disk in hand, and was just shy of copying them. New photos, not with the family though. The children were divided into pairs and they planted flowers around the tree. Eli's mom planted one next to the tree. It was a good ceremony, many family member there. But sad, losing a child will always be a tearful memory.
It is colorful tree to reflect the diversity of the class, I had the school principal choose the tree. There will be a plaque placed on it at a later date in his honor.
(the new computer has a feature I set up that will (if I click on) copy what photos I want onto an online photo program I subscribe to. I also just found out last night that the photos I blog are automatically copied online to my Picasa album!
One of our silk moths emerged from a cocoon yesterday. It's wings are still folded. I am excited to show the children this morning!
God bless and have a great day!

No comments:

Daily scripture