Friday, June 6, 2008

Maybe I worry to much?

I like what Elisabeth Eliot says in one of her devotionals
"The clothes we wear are what people see. Only God can look on the heart. The outward signs are important. They reveal something of what is inside."

"Put on the garments that suit God's chosen people, his own, his beloved: compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience" (Col 3:12 NEB).


Our Bible Study this past spring was in the book or Revelation. Quite an interesting study. Revelation is an intense study, but not really a difficult one.
During one of our times our leader was talking about one of the great ladies of faith (I wish I could remember) who ~on her death bed~told her (adult) child/ren somethin like "I'll see you in heaven, and if you're not there then I wish you'd never been born." quite a powerful statement. It has stayed with me for the past couple months, like that one song that plays over and over in your head, again and again. Making me ask myself, did I do enough raising my children? I pray I did, I know I tried. It is so hard with adult children, after all you spend so much time and energy both physically and emotionally. All I can do at this point is turn them over to God. I really pray I did enough to raise them right and Godly. I feel haunted at times and can't sleep because of it. It really brings me to my knees as I pray for ALL my children and grandchildren everyday!!!!!

No comments:

Daily scripture