Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Living Well Wednesday



I am somewhat motivated to begin watching what I eat again. (I don't like the word diet). Today is the first day of the rest of my life and I think I will start. Can't weigh as my scale needs a new battery and all it says is "YES". With gas as high as it is I need a list longer then 1 battery before I go to the story.
While on vacation I know we ate more then we should have. When you go visit others they "feed" you and you don't want to be impolite. Even then we can make a choice of how much we eat ~ which I did most, but not all, of the time. Thusly I know I put on a few pounds. I am home now and I will begin again. I will do some grocery shopping on Friday and I will be shopping to fulfill a menu plan for at least 4 days.
I will start at the gym again. I am motivated to take a walk and take the dog, she loves walks but at her age a block is about all she can handle. However, with all the smoke from the fires outside the air is unhealthy and this morning there is no sunlight as the smoke is so thick. Well maybe a little sun is trying hard to get through. Hopefully the fires will be out soon and the air will clear sufficently for walks in the evenings, that is unless it well into the 100's plus. I can use the stationary bike, no excuses it is inside.
God bless

5 comments:

tammi said...

I finally broke down and started using our elliptical. No more excuses. We've had it for a year and a half because hubby leaves for two months each winter to do some extreme trucking up north and I can't go for a walk then because my girls are too young to be left in the house alone. But I've never actually used it on a consistent basis until just the last two weeks. I've hated it until now, but suddenly, getting exercise is just more of a priority.

I guess that's partly thanks to Weight Watchers ~ where you can earn extra points for eating based on how much activity you participate in! It's so nice to know I've EARNED what I eat though, rather than just eating indiscriminately and knowing I'll never be able to jog off the calories!

Love Bears All Things said...

Congratulations on your decision. I don't like diets either. They limit what you can eat. I know the discipline of them works for some people but it doesn't make long term changes for the good of ones health. My son by love is a good example. He is having trouble with hypertension and high Cholestrol and he isn't 40 yet. He has had success on a version of the Atkins diet. He has lost about 40 pounds this year. this is the second time since I've known him that he has done this. Now he seems to be back to eating carbs again in larger numbers than what would be normal. It is almost like depriving himself during the diet has caused a craving for them that is unhealthy. Well enough preaching.
You sound like you have the right approach. Good luck.
Mama Bear

Darlene Schacht said...

It's exciting to see you motivated and ready to go. Enjoy the journey--I'll pray for you.

Denise said...

You can, and will succeed. I will be cheering you on.

Elizabeth said...

The scale is not broken and you already just changed the battery. The reason it says yes is because you are holding the button too long, and yes is if you want to set your goal weight so you can track your progress. If you push another button and push your number again then it will be normal.

Daily scripture