Sunday, June 22, 2008

Home

After 2 weeks we are finally home. Now the fun begins!
I took over 600 photos! Can you believe that? However, not all of them will be published or put into a scrapbook.
Many taken at the Evergreen Aviation Museum out of McMinnville, OR. were for the boys (I should say the men in my family)! The fun thing about digital is you can take many photos in hopes of the good one!
I will do a real brief run though of our trip with a few photos. I noticed they are not in the order I wanted, We started out early Sat. morning, and drove to Medford to spend the night. That is a LONG drive. Here is a bird I spotted while at an Elk Reserve in Oregon.
Some of the sights at the Newport Aquarium.
This seal would come and press herself to the glass to be "petted", according to the guide.It was cute to watch two little girls "petting" her and giggling in delight.
We saw otters, and they were showing off for us.
We went to the Devil's Punch Bowl.
See the buildings in the back ground? That is where we were staying. The day we arrived and the day we left were the only days we saw any sun. Otherwise, it was cold, windy and rainy. BUT ~ we went out anyway as much as we could.

Visited with my sister in Grants Pass, and went with her to feed her horses.
We rode the tram from the top of the Veterans Hospital in Portland to the bottom. That was fun.
Saw some beautiful roses in the Portland Rose Garden.. I especially liked this one, it is called Rhapsody in Blue.
Hiked many waterfall along the Columbia Gorge.
And went inside the Spruce Goose! That thing is gigantic. No matter how many pictures you see you don't realize the size until you see it in person.
We ended up in Kelseyville to do some necessary grooming of the grass, etc. It was fun but it is good to be home, I have much to do before my oldest and grandbabies come for a visit from Colorado.
So I need to get some sleep tomorrow will be a busy day.
God Bless

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Wonderful pictures - that rose is gorgeous!

I didn't think anything was happening for me on Friday, but I guess there'll be a little reception - most faculty are not on salary for the summer, so I don't know if they'll show up or not. And it's during the time when I need to be spending the last two hours with my replacement. Oh, well! My sweet hubby is planning something for Friday night to celebrate.

Daily scripture