Saturday, June 14, 2008

Half way through

We are half way through our vacation. We spend 3 cold, windy and rainy days on the northern Oregon coast. However, we did get out and do some sight seeing. It was relaxing. We are in Vancouver, Wash. at my SIL. Beautiful and sunny the day we left the coast and yesterday. (today is over cast and cloudy and little cooler) Yesterday Dan and I did the Columbia Gorge, and went to Multnomah Falls, also may other falls ~ it has been 26 years since we did that. I think we walked our legs off. We went to a play last night and saw "I Never Sang For My Father". A melodrama, but very well done. Today I think we are going to down town Portland.

My SIL & BIL have a condo that is on the 7th floor. The view is just fantastic. They are near the Columbia River and I find I am fascinated watching the boats go by. The airport is just across the river so we have been watching the planes coming and going. I don't think I could ever get tired a this view. She has a telescope in a little sun room aimed at a hawks nest with 2 young hawks. It is fun watching their escapades - or not.

We will leave Monday morning and go to my sisters, Clear Lake and then home. I won't have access to a computer until we get home ~ after we leave here.

Have a great day and God Bless

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I'm glad you're having a good time, in spite of cold and gloomy weather. Enjoy the rest of your time together!

Daily scripture