Friday, January 16, 2009

This week

For some reason this week seemed to have flown by. It is Friday again and it seems like it was just Friday yesterday. It is amazing how God works in this world.
Tues. we went bowling. I haven't bowled in years and it showed in my score and how the muscles in my legs ached the next day. It was fun, there were 5 of us and we bowled 3 games. I had a coupon so it cost me under $20, total! Of course I also had my own shoes and ball.

Wed. I signed up for a photoshop class. I am excited about learning how to maneuver through the program. I had money in my account at city college from another class I dropped- that I had let ride - so my total registration was a whopping $3.00.

The Extreme home make over has happened, in the town next to us. It is amazing as we listened to all that goes on with that, all week- on TV and in the newspaper. One of the little boys in my class has been to the site, as his dad was a volunteer. He was so excited to share the "blue" shirt and badge his dad had, in class on Friday. He kept telling me the lady had 'no legs'. It will air in early March, but we get to see some on Sat. on the local tv station that airs the program.

Christmas has come and gone in this secular world. But for those of us who believe and know God our Father and have faith and hope it will forever remain. I have been wanting to post this, as I keep hearing on the news how some had no Christmas. Have you seen "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"? Remember where it says he hadn't stopped Christmas from coming, it came, without packages, without ribbons, without bows. And maybe thought the Grinch, that Christmas was a little bit more, and it was! I believe in that thinking, I know that thinking. I can remember telling the Christmas story to my children when they were little, explaing what and who and they whys of it. And during a time when we had very, very little money to spend. We still had Christmas, and we will forevermore. God is good, God is everlasting, God is mighty and we can never forget that. That is a faith that we need to keep on believing and holding onto- especially now as our country will be swearing in a new president, and the economy has done nothing to spark any upbeat stories (according to local and national news casters). Things that can be very depressing can drag you down. Look toward our heavenly father, and the many blessing we have because of Him!

Psalms 9: 1-2
1) I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart;
I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.
2) I will be glad and exhult in you;
I will sing praise to your name, Most High.


I am sad that Mervyn's has closed and am sad to hear that Circut City is closing it's doors, and expects to be liquidated by the end of March. That just happens to be where I purchase most (but not all) of my electronics. They have just always had the best deals. Gottschalks has filed for bankruptcy, they opened for business in 1904 and are a locally owned department store. I purchase most of my cloths there and so I am really sad. Hopefully they will be able to reorganize and remain open.

Even though the week has been full, the week end is coming, and I have 3 days off. I will clean house on Sat. and hopefully do some sewing Sunday afternoon and partly Monday. Other then church there are not appointments on my calender. Hopefully I can also catch up on some of my reading and Bible Studies.
Have a good week and God Bless ♥1

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Yes, the economic news is scary - especially when you're counting on those funds in retirement! Mervyn's closed here months ago, but I didn't know the whole company was gone now. Sad.

But you're so right about Chistmas!

Joan said...

If you get some time, so by my blog tomorrow. I have something for you.

Blessings

Daily scripture