Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year

We had an enjoyable Christmas time with our family. It was sad when it was time for our oldest and her family to return to Colorado, but I very much know the feeling of wanting to be home with my family and done with vacation. Caitlin is so like her mom at the same age, very much a homebody, not wanting to be away from her home or her things (familiarity)for very long and wanting it to just be mom and dad and brother.

It was hard to get up this morning and go back to work after being home for 2 weeks. We had an inservice day, and the children start back to school tomorrow - so they had an extra day of vacation. I dread the wet drizzly mornings and cold fog when I am not able to take my class outside for some exercise. (It is a good reason to add on an extra couple days of small group time with the kids.) It is suppose to be sunny on Thursday, I hope so, I am really tired of the dreary, foggy days that the central valley is so famous for. We went out to the school today to rearrange the furniture. The district waxes the floors during the break and whoever does it never puts things back. I will need to go in a little earlier then usual tomorrow, I have another 30 minutes of putting things away before I even start to put things out for the days activities..

Have you every watched the show "Extreme makeover: Home Edition"? We have been hearing much about it lately because they are going to do a local family. There are 5 families in the running and we will find out on Thursday who they are and where they live; there are many small farming towns in the county. It is interesting hearing about how they recruit the help they get, as it is all over the local news stations. I must admit that I am a fan of the show, though I seldom sit through the entire show. I will turn it on and do other stuff. I like to watch the beginning and about the family and the end when they are showing the family the house.
My aide last year said that her family and some others nominated someone for the show,but I haven't heard if they were elected as one of the runner ups. If they were to win the makeover, that is really close to us. Most likely I would drive by to watch some of the building. Sorry to say, I don't have the time to volunteer for them, but admire those who are willing to do so.

God Bless ♥

No comments:

Daily scripture