Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday's blog!

I am not sure why the weeks seem to be flying by lately, maybe I am just doing to much. The dog is doing much better, her blood count shows her red blood cells near where they should be and the anemia is gone! That is good news, she will get her stitches out on Thursday, she must have about 2 dozen. We are putting her outside for longer and longer, but are still bringing her in at night, until it is a bit warmer.

I managed to watched my eating a little better and lost a pound. I am using my WW recepies for dinners now. I am hopoing to find a cookbook about make ahead and freeze meals. Anyone know of one please let me know. It would help, especially on class nights, to have something I can pull out and let D. cook for dinner for him and Keith. Also for those night I just don't want to cook!

Time to get ready for work, we are going to make a dinosaur cake in class today. A stegasaurous to be exact, it is a fun recepie and the children really like it. I will take pictures to post later, if the little dears let me.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Hey Christa,
Good job on the pound lost!

I have a crazy schedule with my kids and dinner so I use my slow cooker. A Lot! I found the Fix It and Forget It Lightly cookbook to be fantastic. Who ever is home can eat whenever and leave it on warm till I get home to put away the leftovers.

Have a blessed weekend!

Ro said...

The cookbook I use is called "Don't Panic, Dinner's in the Freezer". I like it because the food is prepared raw and then thawed and cooked. As you know, food texture is a big thing for me. You'll have to experiment though, since it's not a low-fat cookbook. They use a lot of butter! I've managed to change a few things, and can go over them if you're interested, but over all I like the recipes. I could recommend more if Dad liked pasta, but I won't go there! :-)

Christa said...

Dad is eating a liking pasta much more now. Thanks for the title of the book, I will look for it today!

Daily scripture