Friday, August 24, 2007

I survived the 1st week

Well, the first week of class has come and gone and I am still living on planet earth. (I have not been creative enough to do any blogging all week, just tired) Michelle (my aide) saw this photo in a curriculum magazine I had and we decided to cluster our class birthdays around a monthly bee hive. This is my birthday board. And at Open House on Thursday night, the parents went over to find their child's birthday.
I am always looking for creative ways to get parents to read my information board. So I decided to do a Bambi theme. It does get their attention. I do need to make a new Bambi on a little larger scale, he doesn't quite measure up to Thumper and Flower ~ so I will do that this weekend. I made Bambi in early July, and the others last Sunday. I should have looked at Bambi before I drew the others, and then could have made another and bigger Bambi.
Currently I have 9 boys and 14 girls with room for just one more child to enter my class. I was told by a 2/3 grade teacher (whose child I had in my class for 2 years) about a former parent of mine who went down to sign her child up. I haven't got any more info on that yet. But, 10 boys sounds better. My class is more even then last year (18 boys and 6 girls).

With Elizabeth at Lake Tahoe, Keith working tomorrow and Dan working tomorrow I will have some time to myself. I am planning on going to my consultants for some scrapbooking. But right now, I think I should go do the dishes.

We will be taking Elizabeth to San Fran. on Thursday. I have already gotten the time off and have a sub for my class.

No comments:

Daily scripture