Monday, June 22, 2009

I Took HIs Hand and Followed

(I do not know who wrote this, credit be given to them. I was given this copy after the birth of my 2nd son ~~ doesn't matter boy or girl~~ and I immediately fell in love with it. I found it today sorting through some school things. Maybe I was going to copy it and put in my monthly newsletter. God knows.
******************************************************************


My dishes went unwashed today, I didn't make the bed, I took his hand and followed where his eager footsteps led.

Oh yes, we went adventuring, my little son and I. Exploring all the great outdoors beneath the summer sky.

We waded in a crystal stream, we wandered through a wood, my kitchen wasn't swept today, but life was bright and good.

We found a cool sun-dappled glade and now my small son knows how mother bunny hides her nest where Jack-in-the pulpit grows.

We watched a robin feed her young, we climbed a sunlit hill, saw cloud-sheep scamper through the sky, we plucked a daffodil.

That my house was neglected, that I didn't sweep the stair, in Twenty years, no one on earth will know or even care.

But that I've helped a little boy to noble manhood grow, in twenty years, the whole wide word may look and see and know.

No comments:

Daily scripture