Monday, February 9, 2009

Rest Day.

I have been feeling a little out of it the last few days. I think I caught one of the colds the little ones bring to school. Parents will tell me their child is sick but they didn't want to miss class, so here they are. None the less, I will still tell the parent their child is better off at home resting ~ SO, not only will they get better, but they won't expose their illness to the other children in class. I believe that many, but not all, parents think that colds are harmless in group settings. I am really glad not all parents think that and will keep their child home until they are better and I am not sending them home. Actually, I really don't know what the parent is thinking.
We had today off for Lincolns birthday, so I got to rest some more. The guys were gone all day so I had the house to myself. I did some mundane chores and some errands, plus lessons and rested.

I purchase crickets for the gecko about once a month. No matter how careful I am one cricket always seems to escape. Usually we know this either by the crickets singing or the cats looking around in unusual spaces in the front room near the cage. They will actually eat a cricket if it is caught. I walked in the room and saw them around the cage as the crickets were singing. After I took the picture I shooed them away and rearranged the heat lamp on top so the cats can't get on top. I don't want to replace the screen.
____________






Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Yep, they're little germ petrie dishes, aren't they? They love to share their junk - and parents aren't thinking straight! Hope you're back on top soon.

Daily scripture