Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Family Reunion

Some notes of interest as we headed north, Sat., on 152~ how incredibly low San Luis Reservoir is. I don't ever remember seeing it that low, even as a young child.

The overpass and interchange on 152 is almost complete, which will greatly reduce the bottleneck and traffic hang ups when heading towards Monterey or Gilroy ~ or the reverse.
Shortly after arriving at Vasona it poured for several minutes. After that (and more family arrived) the rest of the day was fairly nice and a great time was had by all visiting and catching up on 'family.' This is an annual event that has been going on all my life and this is a first, rain.
Of course I had to take pictures of the little ones climbing trees, and remembering when mine (their mom & siblings) were little ones climbing the trees.

All my kids! To make a long story short it was a lot of fun and so what if we got a little wet, it was well worth it.
I pray for small miracles as loose ends need to be tied up for the wedding. I ran into a friend of mine, whom I hadn't seen for quite sometime, yesterday at the teacher center. Just talking about things (you know) and the wedding. She asked if we had outdoor heaters, so I did mention that Elizabeth had been looking at some. She offered to let us borrow their 2 for the wedding. We went over today for some other business and while there we looked at them. They will be great for the reception. I will call tomorrow and firm the deal, we'll pick them up a few days before, when we set up the tents outside. I told her I had been praying for small miracles and she was an answer to prayer.

No comments:

Daily scripture