Thursday, April 12, 2007

A bit fuzzy

I know these photos are a bit blurry, and even though I tried to fix them it doesn't work for me. Anyway, I will try and get some more clear ones later.

Notice the bright yellow spot in the middle of the photo. This was taken on a tree at my work, it is a cluster of ladybug eggs getting ready to hatch.
The next photo is one of the caterpillers which finally emerged from the cocoon as a 'Painted lady" butterfly. Notice the empty cocoon's next to the butterfly. 2 emerged unscathed, and 3 emerged with twisted and deformed wings. Because their life as a butterfly is only 1-2 weeks long I will keep the deformed ones and feed them (sweet Williams - butterfly flower - which grows abundently in my front yard.) We will have a butterfly party and school and the children will release the 2 healthy ones, on a non windy or rainy day.

No comments:

Daily scripture