Thursday, April 19, 2007

10,10,10

Something I read while waiting for my turn in the dentist chair. The title of the article was "10, 10, 10". Referring to 10 minutes, 10 months, 10 years. The writer went on and explained after a major devastating decision- that she now made major decisions on how it would effect her, (her family and her life) in 10 minutes, in 10 months and in 10 years down the road. It was a very good article and had some very good points in it. I am going to try to apply some of that. Some major decisions may not be realized 10 years down the road. An example of a good one was when we decided to put aside a little each month for our children's college to help them get along/started. That was good, bad decisions may have been my working full time when my 2 youngest were little, but that wasn't really a choice in Monterey (I regret not having been there for them like I was for my other kids). When I was able to go part time that was a good decision that was livable 10 minutes, 10 months and 10 years down the road.

Disappointments in life, well you get over disappointments and move on. Regrets, they stay with you in one form or another forever. I am so glad that we have a Forgiving God.

No comments:

Daily scripture