Thursday, April 25, 2013

Kittyboy


 I know there are many more pressing issues then a cat, but this is a  little memorial.  This cat strayed into my yard in July of 2003, a little kitten, a Nebelung breed.  We first saw him eating dog food and sitting next to the dog, which was something, the dog didn't like my house cats. To make a long story short, he adopted us.  We knew he belonged to someone because he had been fixed, but were unable to find out who.  Almost 10 years later he is at the end of his life.  He has a horrible cancer growing under his tongue and there is nothing to be done.  Our vet said (of a cancer like this) when we thought one other of our cats had cancer, just to treat him as best we can for the time he has left.  I will be calling tomorrow to make an appt. to take him in to have him put to sleep.  He can hardly eat or drink because swallowing is difficult, he has lost so much weight because it is a chore to eat, he looks very mangy, he cannot groom himself. He drools all the time. I have groomed him with a brush, but that is only part of grooming.  He has been a great pet and we will miss him. 

2 comments:

Denise said...

So very sorry, will be praying for kittyboy.

Ro said...

I'm sorry, Mom. He was a sweet kitty. I'm glad he had you to take care of him.

Daily scripture