Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Public Opinion

"I have learned to hold public opinion of no value."— Alexander Hamilton, 1794

I like this quote, and who is "public opinion" - it is what the media people want you to believe. If you watch the media, you'd think they are running the election instead of the people who are voting. Sorry I really have no respect for people in the media as they "attempt" to change the public opinion to their own and to get the public to actually 'believe' what they are saying. (long sigh.........................................)

It has been reported that for the current primaries the polls are not accurate because people screen their phone calls (I being one of them). So what is the actual public opinion? And why all the surprises about the results? Nobody really knows until the ballots are counted. So public opinion, which the media really know nothing about, really does count. Some of the news station will describe someone like me and they say what I am thinking.? I think not what they are saying. I do not follow the crowd but stand by what I believe, and I alone.
Some of the behavior of the candidates really does matter to some of the people, if not most of the voting public. The mud is just beginning to boil.
Have a good night.

No comments:

Daily scripture