Saturday, November 10, 2007

Pumpkins, pumpkins and more pumpkins


We have been exploring pumpkins at school. We have made pumpkin cookies, pumpkin soup and yesterday we had pumpkin bread, with pumkin spice cream cheese (Lucern brand) which was really yummy. Out of 24 only 2 children don't like pumpkin, the rest wanted seconds.
Wednesday we cut the pumpkin open and the language was incredable as the children described the slimy insides of the pumpkin and squeezed it in their little hands and took out the seeds, and some had even sprouted. We are saving the seeds for a counting activity. It was an amazing time, it was so much fun. I still have 2 gigantic pumpkins outside, and I want those seeds so I can (maybe) grow some pumpkins. I've not had much luck at pumpkin growing in the past. Anyway, next Friday is our sharing feast (Stone Soup) for Thanksgiving, I think the children will make a pumpkin cheesecake pudding to share with their parents.

No comments:

Daily scripture