Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving, no matter who was or wasn't there or what you had to eat. (many years we could not afford a turkey so I stuffed chicken) We can thank God for the love of family and friends.  We had a mixed bag this year, our oldest son was down early in Nov. to spend some time with us.  Our youngest daughter and her husband were down, they spend the day with his family and our youngest son and his wife were down around 11 pm that evening so we celebrated with our feast on Friday.  All in all we had a great time and good visits.  As I am not a Black Friday shopper in the wee hours of the morning, I was glad to wake up around 7.  I did do a little shopping but much later in the afternoon and I avoided the malls.

Tomorrow we will be spending our day at the hospital as my husband will be having surgery on a  broken wrist.  Because the break was at an angle it wouldn't set, so they are going to put a metal plate in.  The plate will keep the bone in place while it heals and will stay in, unless there are complications with it.  I am not sure how that is going to work going through airport scanners, we'll find out. Not planning on flying until next year, but fly we will. He's rather fly to Colorado than drive. It is an outpatient surgery, he needs to be there around 9:15 am and he should be able to go home around 3.  We pray all goes well.

God bless everyone!
 

No comments:

Daily scripture