Monday, December 2, 2013

Broken wrist

Today was the day Dan had his surgery for his broken wrist. We arrived at the hospital around 8:30 this morning and left around 3:30.  To me, a long day when I am not working there.
Because he broke his wrist at an angle, it wouldn't stay set, kept popping out.  They had to put a metal plate with screws over his bone to hold it in place.  Hopefully we won't be setting off any alarms when we go through the scanners at airports.  God was good, and the surgery went well.  I did think it a bit odd that the doctor called me on the recovery room phone to tell me how the surgery went. That was a first, and hopefully a last.

He is sleeping now, probably will off and on the rest of the day and maybe into tomorrow.  Because he doesn't take pain medications or even aspirin very often his body is not used to the effects.  Therefore, they make him very groggy and sleepy.  He hasn't been sleeping well since he broke his wrist (last Tuesday) so it isn't going to hurt him to get some extra sleep.  He will get the stitches out on the 16th, but will still have it in a  sling for another 4 weeks, according to the doctors. He says 4, we'll see.

I will be doing some Christmas shopping this week and will be leaving Dan at home to rest up. He usually goes with me but this will allow me to get his gift.

No comments:

Daily scripture