Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Family

   For the last 2-3 years my husband has been talking about going to S. Calif. to visit his family, or who remains, at least one last time.  And not at a funeral!  Two weekends ago, we got the opportunity to go to a family reunion in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA.  There were many, but not all, of the people he wanted to see, present there.  It was a good time to catch up on so much that has gone on in all our lives, kids, weddings, grand-kids, travels, etc. Who knows when we will have this opportunity again?
We went down on a Friday and came back on Sunday.  We stayed with one of his cousins and had a great time visiting with her and others, outside of picnic time. 
While there we had a chance to look at some family photos she had, and they were great.  I took pictures of many of them and had them printed out.  I will label them and put them in albums for my kids.  This is one of the 8x10's we got.  I doctored it up a little on the computer so it's not so faded looking. This is a picture of my father-in-law (bottom left) his 8 siblings and his parents.  I think it is a great picture.  Of course when we came home I had to write down the order of them all, before I forgot (and yes, I have met everyone of them, except grandpa~ in the middle).
 Wish I knew knew the year it was taken, but they have all passed on so we can only guess.  It looks as if the youngest is still in school (upper right corner) so, my guess is the early 1940's. My in laws were married in the early 40's and he served  during WWII.  My father-in-law was the 5th child and youngest son, sitting next to the firstborn, Thelma.

Daily scripture