Friday, November 2, 2012

October

 
While visiting my sister-in-law,in October, we got to watch the porpoises, wave kite surfers and sunsets from her porch.



 
We explored a couple pumkin patches, after all Half Moon Bay is know for it's pumkins and pumpkin festival.




 
Had fun visiting a lighthouse that is now a Hostel. We had lunch with my cousin and her 7 month old baby Sophia, and that was a good time.

 
When I returned Friday evening, I saw that the new floor was more then half way completed.  On Sat. Dan helped some people we know move and was gone most of the day.  J. who helped with the flooring came back Sat. morning to finish the flooring and brought along a helper.  We had prepaid him over the summer (when he was wasn't working) for his time.

 
Squirt enjoyed the floor.  You can hear the cats claws as they walk across the floor.

 
Dan finished the baseboards, etc. before we moved the furniture back in.  We are thrilled, as you can see from one of the photos, the old flooring was pretty ugly and scared up from the previous owners.


 
I had some yams growing, so I decorated them with glow in the dark paints and put them outside with the pumpkins for Halloween.  I decorated the pumpkins for fall instead of carving.  D. is not so into carving since all the kiddos are moved out and on their own, and don't live close by.  However, I do have a ceramic pumpkin with face that I put a candle in for the trick-or-treaters. 
What I didn't post were the family pictures from our family picnic earlier in the month.  Such a fun time to catch up!!!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Welcome home, nice post.

Kathleen said...

What a fabulous time you had! Love the photos and the song by MWSmith :)

Daily scripture