Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Moving along............

 Wow, just 2 1/2 weeks until our son gets married and we have a new daughter in the family.  It's about time as we have already added 2 sons.  Our family is growing.
Yesterday I "finally" found a dress I like for the wedding.  I ordered it and it should be here by the 31 of Aug.  Today we will go shopping for some of the little things we need.  We are getting there.  Caitlin's dress is done, except for the zipper and tie (which someone else is doing) and now to work on Vivi's (Liz's little sister).  I will do the zippers on both dresses at the same time and sew the sash on (it will be red with some hand beading on it)

We pulled some shelves out of the dining area a couple weeks ago and finally got that wall painted and pictures rehung.  The flooring will go in after the wedding.  Now to clear the boxes (stuff that was in the cabinets) out and yard sale stuff out of the house so we have more room for family when they get here.

Bought a trundle bed a couple weeks ago and have it in the room our niece is sleeping in.  Since we but a bed in, formally my craft room, for her to live in and she has changed her mind about staying here...  we are going to leave the trundle in and now all 3 of the extra rooms will have beds in them for guests.  It means I have a lot more stuff to get rid of, but that is just the way it is.  I  would rather have the room for guests and family to visit and stay in comfortably then the stuff that took up the space in those rooms.  However, since I am a sewer (2 machines), scarpbooker and collecter of children's stories, some of it remains, I just need to weed out what is important and what isn't.  As I go through the children's books (there are so many I do not need) that I got for teaching.  Some really cute, but alas, there is a library close by so I can check out books when the grandchildren visit.  I do have my classics and first editions. And, I will keep my Bible stories for when I am doing Sunday School.

Time to get ready to do a little shopping today......................

1 comment:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing.

Daily scripture