Thursday, September 13, 2007

If it's not one things, it's another

Ok, my car started giving me problems last summer. When one problem gets fixed another one pops up. Right now it's in the shop because it tends to stall when I stop at a stop light, sign, or slow down in a parking lot, but absolutly no problems when driving. The car is 10 years old, but it doesn't even have 100,000 miles on it yet. It is expensive to fix a cadilac, so we are considering cleaning it up and selling it and getting something more practical. I purchased the car because of mom/grandma (when she was still alive) because of my taking her places and to the doctors. We used to take her to the movies twice a month and out to lunch a couple times a month. She liked to go shopping and just go driving, and she loved the car. She was unable to drive the last 2 years of her life, and really would get depressed staying home all the time, so I had to have something that was easy for her to get in and out of. My mini van was not easy for her.

Since we are basically down to 2 of us most of the time, a smaller car would be nice and much more economical. Right now I can use Elizabeth's car, since she can't have it in San Francisco, and probably would want an automatic instead of a stick. And while Keith is still living at home, he is busy with school and his friends. He also is looking for work again as his job as a park aid just ended last weekend.

Plus, with Elizabeth being away for college, we are helping her with some of her expenses like food money and a little spending money - so I don't want to be spending all my money on car repairs all the time.

No comments:

Daily scripture